Jim is an environmental geologist with 28 years of residency in Colorado including Gunnison, Grand Junction, and Denver. After earning his B.S. degree in Geology from Kansas State University in 1983, Jim spent 7 years working in various private-industry technical positions related to exploration & production geology, consulting geophysics, and petroleum refining & marketing operations in the central United States, south Texas, and the Gulf of Mexico. Since 1990, he's been a consulting environmental geologist for non-profit, private-sector, and government-agency clients in Alaska, Hawaii, and the western & central United States. Jim's areas of specialization include environmental site assessments, mineral assessment/remoteness reports, environmental planning & permitting, and project management. Jim originally founded Rare Earth Science, LLC, in 1995 while living in Alaska.
Rare Earth Science, LLC is a small environmental and natural resources consulting firm with offices in Gunnison and Crawford, Colorado. Since 2000, we have been providing a range of geological, biological, and other general environmental-related services to government, industry, private, and non-profit entities in the western & central United States including Alaska. Our primary areas of practice include
- Land Conservation - Conservation easement baseline documentation, mineral assessment/remoteness reports, and land-management planning
- Environmental Due Diligence for Real Estate Transactions - ASTM Phase I, II, and III Environmental Site Assessments, ASTM Transaction Screens
- Wetlands - Wetland delineations, Clean Water Act (Section 404) permitting
- NEPA - Threatened & endangered species inventories, rare plant surveys, environmental assessments
- GIS Services - Mapping & data management
Contact James Armstrong
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of TexasLandCAN.
James Armstrong is not employed by or affiliated with the Texas Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact James Armstrong
Rare Earth Science, LLC
Principal Geologist / Environmental Scientist
Post Office Box 222
Gunnison, CO 81230-0222
Phone: (970) 641-1144
Statewide service provider in:
- New Mexico